One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the period before political independence, Francophone prose was typically elevated, extravagant, mythopoeic, and laced with surreal fantasy or utopian symbolism.’
- ‘These psychogenetic affinities and ambiguities between carnal desires, cannibalism, death, and rebirth form the core symbolism of the mythopoeic imagery.’
- ‘This, of course, signifies a mythopoeic world view - myth-making - as well as the beginning of religion.’
- ‘Just because she offers a mythopoeic rationale for her view doesn't make it less sexist or phobic.’
- ‘The approach is primarily mythopoeic, recognising that spiritual truths are better understood by means of allusion and symbol rather than through doctrine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.