Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An abnormal or pathological tendency to exaggerate or tell lies.
- ‘In short, what the song would seem to indicate upon a first listening is the self-pity and grand mythomania of the long-term drug addict.’
- ‘If anything, Wells's work is an understatement, because Ellsberg is beyond mythomania.’
- ‘This mythomania is magnificently enacted by the actress.’
- ‘By all accounts, he seems to have been a loving husband, father and son, except for his mythomania.’
- ‘Therefore psychologists treat a man suffering from mythomania by confronting him with facts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.