One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (someone or something) the subject of a myth or myths; mythicize.‘as success mythified their reputation, the stormtroopers grew in distinctiveness’
- ‘And what better weapon do we have against such myths, than to mythify them in their turn and produce other artificial myths?’
- ‘On the one hand, they demystify bad, often non-musical, entertainment and, on the other, they mythify musical entertainment by associating the musical with the myths of spontaneity, integration and audience.’
- ‘The Australian actress has recently been mythified to the iconic status of the screen goddesses of the 1950s.’
- ‘Does her political stance preserve and moreover mythify her ‘radical’ status?’
- ‘Dick's drug use was much magnified and mythified, as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.