One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (someone or something) the subject of a myth or myths; mythicize.‘as success mythified their reputation, the stormtroopers grew in distinctiveness’
- ‘Dick's drug use was much magnified and mythified, as well.’
- ‘And what better weapon do we have against such myths, than to mythify them in their turn and produce other artificial myths?’
- ‘Does her political stance preserve and moreover mythify her ‘radical’ status?’
- ‘The Australian actress has recently been mythified to the iconic status of the screen goddesses of the 1950s.’
- ‘On the one hand, they demystify bad, often non-musical, entertainment and, on the other, they mythify musical entertainment by associating the musical with the myths of spontaneity, integration and audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.