One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (someone or something) the subject of a myth or myths.‘the figure of Jesus had been mythicized by the religious imagination of the early Christians’
- ‘As the memory of the famous singer is seized upon and mythicized, Rai decides to set the record straight about Vina.’
- ‘But by mythicising his illness he extracted more from the experience than he would had he recognised its true provenance.’
- ‘Virgil recognizes the anomaly of expunged Trojan origins and effectively mythicizes it in Book 12 of the Aeneid.’
- ‘For 200 years, to be an American hero was to be mythicized as being almost biblically good.’
- ‘The characters are themselves responsible for thus mythicizing the geographical journey; each of them embarks on an ‘imagined journey from periphery to centre’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.