One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to visit a shop or restaurant incognito in order to assess the quality of the goods or services.
- ‘Both of these categories were adjudicated by the mystery shopper, a marketing professional from Waterford.’
- ‘Becoming a mystery shopper is another lucrative alternative.’
- ‘Dean helped the lady, while Russell scooted over to the coats to get a better look at the mystery shopper.’
- ‘At a mass meeting drivers gave management 48 hours to withdraw the mystery shoppers or they would ballot for a strike.’
- ‘Watch out all you customer service people - tomorrow I have my first assignment as a mystery shopper.’
- ‘Of those mystery shoppers who were refused a quote, a quarter were told they couldn't get a quote unless they were going to take out the loan during the call.’
- ‘Its mystery shopper reported: ‘This was all about a solution.’’
- ‘The average compensation for a mystery shopper is about $10 per evaluation, she said.’
- ‘When first nominated the participants were then visited by mystery shoppers with five finalists selected nationwide.’
- ‘The independent judging process consisted of a combination of mystery shoppers and expert judging panels.’
- ‘In a third of cases, the mystery shoppers couldn't even out find out any information about the interest rate.’
- ‘Within 2 months, I was doing part time work as a mystery shopper!’
- ‘Service is so critical that the bank sends mystery shoppers to every branch twice a week.’
- ‘A mystery shopper also visits each branch every two weeks, feeding the findings into the audit.’
- ‘An independent mystery shopper visits all stores entered as part of the judging process.’
- ‘After that, the magazine sends in a mystery shopper to test out the sort of service day-to-day customers can expect to receive.’
- ‘The marketing consultant will act as a mystery shopper to visit all the shortlisted finalists in each category.’
- ‘At the same time he informed her that a mystery shopper had visited the Lincoln store on Saturday 24 October whilst the applicant was acting manager and the assessment had been a poor one.’
- ‘To be in the running for the award, the store had to meet certain standards, which were checked by mystery shoppers.’
- ‘It is the first time that council environmental officers have posed as mystery shoppers and actually used sunbeds to check safety standards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.