One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to visit a shop or restaurant incognito in order to assess the quality of the goods or services.
- ‘Its mystery shopper reported: ‘This was all about a solution.’’
- ‘Of those mystery shoppers who were refused a quote, a quarter were told they couldn't get a quote unless they were going to take out the loan during the call.’
- ‘To be in the running for the award, the store had to meet certain standards, which were checked by mystery shoppers.’
- ‘Becoming a mystery shopper is another lucrative alternative.’
- ‘When first nominated the participants were then visited by mystery shoppers with five finalists selected nationwide.’
- ‘The marketing consultant will act as a mystery shopper to visit all the shortlisted finalists in each category.’
- ‘At a mass meeting drivers gave management 48 hours to withdraw the mystery shoppers or they would ballot for a strike.’
- ‘Dean helped the lady, while Russell scooted over to the coats to get a better look at the mystery shopper.’
- ‘A mystery shopper also visits each branch every two weeks, feeding the findings into the audit.’
- ‘Both of these categories were adjudicated by the mystery shopper, a marketing professional from Waterford.’
- ‘It is the first time that council environmental officers have posed as mystery shoppers and actually used sunbeds to check safety standards.’
- ‘Service is so critical that the bank sends mystery shoppers to every branch twice a week.’
- ‘Within 2 months, I was doing part time work as a mystery shopper!’
- ‘The average compensation for a mystery shopper is about $10 per evaluation, she said.’
- ‘In a third of cases, the mystery shoppers couldn't even out find out any information about the interest rate.’
- ‘An independent mystery shopper visits all stores entered as part of the judging process.’
- ‘At the same time he informed her that a mystery shopper had visited the Lincoln store on Saturday 24 October whilst the applicant was acting manager and the assessment had been a poor one.’
- ‘After that, the magazine sends in a mystery shopper to test out the sort of service day-to-day customers can expect to receive.’
- ‘Watch out all you customer service people - tomorrow I have my first assignment as a mystery shopper.’
- ‘The independent judging process consisted of a combination of mystery shoppers and expert judging panels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.