One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound present in oil of nutmeg and other natural fats.
- ‘The yeast AMPK b subunits are lipid modified with myristic acid.’
- ‘Longer chain fatty acids such as palmitic, stearic, and myristic acid are greasy.’
- ‘Because jojoba oil contains anti-inflammatory myristic acid, it has the potential to give relief.’
- ‘The flies were immobilized on their backs to the lid of a petri plate using myristic acid.’
- ‘Moderate quantities of myristic acid, cis-eicosenoic acid, and behenic acid were also identified, and together these fatty acids made up 10 to 14% of the fatty acids analyzed.’
Mid 19th century: myristic from modern Latin Myristica (genus name), from medieval Latin ( nux) myristica ‘nutmeg’, from Greek murizein ‘anoint’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.