Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of myristic acid.
- ‘Cells were incubated in the presence of phorbol ester myristate to induce macrophage differentiation.’
- ‘The main substrates are myristate and palmitate, which are produced by a fatty acid synthetase.’
- ‘It involves the covalent attachment of myristate, a 14 carbon saturated fatty acid, to the N-terminal glycine residue of a number of mammalian, viral and fungal proteins.’
- ‘A molecule of chloesteryl myristate consists of mostly carbon and hydrogen atoms.’
- ‘It is anchored to the membrane by an N-terminal myristate and a cluster of basic residues in its effector domain.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.