Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A form of muscular dystrophy accompanied by myotonia.
- ‘Gracile ribs are commonly seen in spinal muscular atrophy, congenital myotonic dystrophy and congenital myopathies.’
- ‘To date, very few options are available for the treatment of myotonic dystrophy.’
- ‘The symptoms of myotonic dystrophy may appear at any time from birth to old age and can affect both males and females.’
- ‘A hopelessly dysfunctional couple - an alcoholic living with a woman suffering from myotonic dystrophy - are involved in a desperate love story.’
- ‘Some of the reported associated systemic diseases include systemic lupus erythematosus, diabetes mellitus, myotonic dystrophy, and chronic active hepatitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.