One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of muscle tissue.
- ‘Exercise-induced muscle oxidative stress may be involved in the myopathy associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘The idiopathic inflammatory myopathies are a group of heterogeneous disorders characterised by acquired progressive muscle weakness and inflammatory infiltrates in skeletal muscle tissue.’
- ‘Neuromuscular diseases are characterized by progressive weakening of skeletal, respiratory, bulbar, and, in the case of myopathies, cardiac muscles.’
- ‘One author thought it should be lumped in with ‘bent spine disease’ and grouped as axial myopathy (central spinal muscle disease).’
- ‘An antisynthetase antibody, when positive, may help confirm the presence of an inflammatory myopathy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.