Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- see myotome
- ‘In contrast to fish myomeres, the axial locomotor muscles of dolphins are organized into longitudinal tracts as is typical of mammals.’
- ‘Myomeres closest to the girdles are slightly different in shape and muscle fiber angle, but all of the intervening myomeres are nearly identical.’
- ‘Far less debatably, the long conodont body has obvious V-shaped myomeres throughout its length.’
- ‘Fish generate axial bending through contractions of the myomeres, serially repeated lateral muscles in the trunk and tail.’
- ‘During turtle ontogeny the reduction of the trunk myomeres leads to sinking of the vertebrae and ribs into the dermis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.