Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- see myotome
- ‘In contrast to fish myomeres, the axial locomotor muscles of dolphins are organized into longitudinal tracts as is typical of mammals.’
- ‘Myomeres closest to the girdles are slightly different in shape and muscle fiber angle, but all of the intervening myomeres are nearly identical.’
- ‘Fish generate axial bending through contractions of the myomeres, serially repeated lateral muscles in the trunk and tail.’
- ‘Far less debatably, the long conodont body has obvious V-shaped myomeres throughout its length.’
- ‘During turtle ontogeny the reduction of the trunk myomeres leads to sinking of the vertebrae and ribs into the dermis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.