One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- see myotome
- ‘Myomeres closest to the girdles are slightly different in shape and muscle fiber angle, but all of the intervening myomeres are nearly identical.’
- ‘Far less debatably, the long conodont body has obvious V-shaped myomeres throughout its length.’
- ‘In contrast to fish myomeres, the axial locomotor muscles of dolphins are organized into longitudinal tracts as is typical of mammals.’
- ‘During turtle ontogeny the reduction of the trunk myomeres leads to sinking of the vertebrae and ribs into the dermis.’
- ‘Fish generate axial bending through contractions of the myomeres, serially repeated lateral muscles in the trunk and tail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.