One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Originating in muscle tissue (rather than from nerve impulses).
- ‘In these, wingbeat rhythm is not matched to the rate of neural stimulation, which supports oscillatory work at a myogenic rather than neurogenic rhythm.’
- ‘This tonic contraction is mostly myogenic, due to special properties of this smooth muscle, but it is modified by excitatory and inhibitory nerves.’
- ‘The muscle of the pylorus does, however, show the high degree of myogenic tone characteristic of other sphincters.’
- ‘For instance, many transgenic experiments with members of the myogenic pathway have defects that differentially impact epaxial and hypaxial muscles.’
- ‘Some crustaceans, notably in more ‘primitive’ groups, develop and retain a myogenic heart beat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.