One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Spasmodic jerky contraction of groups of muscles.
tightening, tensing, flexing, constrictingView synonyms
- ‘The symptom of early-morning myoclonus, unassociated with alteration of consciousness, is often not mentioned by patients unless they are specifically questioned about it.’
- ‘In particular, there is potential for a neurotoxic metabolite, normeperidine, to accumulate and cause seizures, myoclonus and tremors.’
- ‘The acute effects are coma, myoclonus and bradycardia, which generally resolve rapidly without complication.’
- ‘Twitching or myoclonus may be observed (often mistaken for seizures).’
- ‘Reported neurological manifestations have included tremor, myoclonus, hyperreflexia, ankle clonus, muscle rigidity, ataxia and incoordination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.