One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The muscular tissue of the heart.
- ‘Moreover, the right ventricular free wall showed extensive replacement of the myocardium by adipose tissue.’
- ‘In addition, the right coronary artery occasionally supplies a sizeable portion of left ventricular myocardium.’
- ‘The journey from the bone marrow to vascular endothelium or myocardium is divided into stages.’
- ‘In contrast, stem cell therapy adds new myocardium to replace infarcted muscle.’
- ‘However, the liver, myocardium, and lung also showed this feature.’
Late 19th century: modern Latin, from myo- ‘muscle’ + Greek kardia ‘heart’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.