Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the heart muscle.
- ‘Patients with cardiac involvement may present with pericarditis, myocarditis, or cardiac conduction blocks.’
- ‘Finally, complications such as myocarditis, pancreatitis, pericarditis, and polyarthritis can occur.’
- ‘They may also cause myocarditis, an infection of the heart muscle.’
- ‘Coronary arteritis and myocarditis are the principal causes of morbidity and mortality.’
- ‘It can also be caused by ischemia, myocarditis, or fibrosis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.