One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heart attack.
- ‘Beta blocker therapy is recommended in patients with a history of myocardial infarction who have no contraindications.’
- ‘The II genotype was associated with a 2-fold increase in the incidence of myocardial infarction compared with the DD genotype.’
- ‘There was a 13 percent relative reduction in the rate of heart failure in patients who had a myocardial infarction during the study period.’
- ‘Serum cardiac marker determinations play a vital role in the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction.’
- ‘In the placebo-controlled trials, atenolol had no effect on all-cause mortality, cardiovascular mortality, myocardial infarction, or stroke.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.