One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a plexus of nerves of the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems situated between and supplying the two layers of muscle in the small intestine.
- ‘Several possibilities could explain the decreasing density of the myenteric plexus of appendices.’
- ‘Axons arising from the somas of nerve cells in the myenteric plexus can be found in all the muscle layers.’
- ‘The density of the myenteric plexus in appendices was high in the newborn period, and this density was similar to that found in colon from the same patients.’
- ‘The gastrointestinal stromal tumor nodules displayed an area of transition to the nerves in the myenteric plexus.’
- ‘The fibers terminate in the myenteric plexus where they supply ganglion cells, as well as in the vasculature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.