Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Disease of the spinal cord.
- ‘The sudden onset of myelopathy secondary to spinal metastasis is a true neurologic emergency.’
- ‘If the diagnosis is not clear, or there are diffuse symptoms, consider doing a full neurological examination to rule out causes such as peripheral neuropathy and cervical myelopathy.’
- ‘These observations have been taken to support the hypothesis that the disorder is a type of cervical myelopathy.’
- ‘The clinical features vary widely and may resemble myelopathy, radiculopathy, muscle disease, or even hyperventilation.’
- ‘Common signs and symptoms include vertigo, thoracic myelopathy with leg weakness, confusion, headache and hemiparesis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.