One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any toxic substance produced by a fungus.
- ‘The insect-resistance gene discourages the build up of mycotoxins, potentially dangerous toxins that are probable human carcinogens, in corn.’
- ‘They produce lots of toxins, called mycotoxins, which can contaminate our food.’
- ‘Numerous other species of mold and mildew are also toxic, and many mycotoxins are known carcenogens.’
- ‘Rarely, some molds produce toxic substances called mycotoxins.’
- ‘Many molds are capable of producing compounds called mycotoxins which are toxic to other organisms, including people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.