One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any toxic substance produced by a fungus.
- ‘Rarely, some molds produce toxic substances called mycotoxins.’
- ‘Many molds are capable of producing compounds called mycotoxins which are toxic to other organisms, including people.’
- ‘The insect-resistance gene discourages the build up of mycotoxins, potentially dangerous toxins that are probable human carcinogens, in corn.’
- ‘Numerous other species of mold and mildew are also toxic, and many mycotoxins are known carcenogens.’
- ‘They produce lots of toxins, called mycotoxins, which can contaminate our food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.