Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disease caused by infection with a fungus, such as ringworm or thrush.
- ‘It is therefore unlikely that extracts of northern prickly ash would specifically inhibit fungal infections associated with mycoses.’
- ‘Like other systemic mycoses, the infection is most prevalent in middle-aged men.’
- ‘Superficial mycoses are probably the most prevalent of infectious diseases in all parts of the world.’
- ‘Apart from these uses, it is used to treat cardiovascular and blood system diseases, cancer, ulcers and mycosis.’
- ‘Histoplasmosis is the most prevalent endemic mycosis in the U.S. and a common opportunistic infection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.