One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease caused by infection with a fungus, such as ringworm or thrush.
- ‘Like other systemic mycoses, the infection is most prevalent in middle-aged men.’
- ‘Superficial mycoses are probably the most prevalent of infectious diseases in all parts of the world.’
- ‘Histoplasmosis is the most prevalent endemic mycosis in the U.S. and a common opportunistic infection.’
- ‘It is therefore unlikely that extracts of northern prickly ash would specifically inhibit fungal infections associated with mycoses.’
- ‘Apart from these uses, it is used to treat cardiovascular and blood system diseases, cancer, ulcers and mycosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.