One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Protein derived from fungi, especially as produced for human consumption.
- ‘This could control and maintain optimum growth conditions for its protein product called mycoprotein, the main ingredient in Quorn.’
- ‘The suspension is then passed to a series of centrifuges where the cells are separated from the liquid residue, and these centrifuged cells are collectively known as mycoprotein.’
- ‘The manufacturer describes mycoprotein as ‘mushroom in origin.’’
- ‘Quorn is a brand of meat-substitute foods derived from mycoprotein, a protein found in the fungi family.’
- ‘Some consumer groups alleged its central component, mycoprotein, was triggering unrecognised allergic reactions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.