One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Protein derived from fungi, especially as produced for human consumption.
- ‘Quorn is a brand of meat-substitute foods derived from mycoprotein, a protein found in the fungi family.’
- ‘This could control and maintain optimum growth conditions for its protein product called mycoprotein, the main ingredient in Quorn.’
- ‘Some consumer groups alleged its central component, mycoprotein, was triggering unrecognised allergic reactions.’
- ‘The manufacturer describes mycoprotein as ‘mushroom in origin.’’
- ‘The suspension is then passed to a series of centrifuges where the cells are separated from the liquid residue, and these centrifuged cells are collectively known as mycoprotein.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.