Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Protein derived from fungi, especially as produced for human consumption.
- ‘The manufacturer describes mycoprotein as ‘mushroom in origin.’’
- ‘The suspension is then passed to a series of centrifuges where the cells are separated from the liquid residue, and these centrifuged cells are collectively known as mycoprotein.’
- ‘This could control and maintain optimum growth conditions for its protein product called mycoprotein, the main ingredient in Quorn.’
- ‘Quorn is a brand of meat-substitute foods derived from mycoprotein, a protein found in the fungi family.’
- ‘Some consumer groups alleged its central component, mycoprotein, was triggering unrecognised allergic reactions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.