One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of small typically parasitic bacteria that lack cell walls and sometimes cause diseases.
Class Mollicutes and order Mycoplasmatales
- ‘The antibiotics must be able to penetrate cell walls, as the mycoplasma are hidden inside cells.’
- ‘The mycoplasmas are extra cellular parasites usually attached to the external surface of cells, but can also penetrate these.’
- ‘All microbes, be it viruses, bacteria, mycoplasma, fungi or parasites interfere in research.’
- ‘Results of blood, urine, and bronchoalveolar lavage cultures were negative, as well as serology for legionella and mycoplasma.’
- ‘The cell cultures were routinely checked for mycoplasma and were found to be free of contamination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.