One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a late Bronze Age civilization in Greece represented by finds at Mycenae and other ancient cities of the Peloponnese.
- ‘In contrast, Mycenaean feasting on the Greek mainland seems to have arisen from elite customs aimed at exclusion.’
- ‘It was during this period that Minoan civilization of Crete and the Mycenean civilization of mainland Greece flourished.’
- ‘The study of feasting on the Greek mainland during the Middle and Late Bronze Age provides insights into the nature of Mycenaean society.’
- ‘The occurrence of precious metal vessels suited to drinking appears to confirm that Mycenaean convivial habits favored exclusion rather than cohesion.’
- ‘In contrast to practices associated with Minoan feasts, service and distribution in Mycenaean feasts had a completely different status.’
An inhabitant of Mycenae or member of the Mycenaean people.
- ‘In her analysis we are confronted with the longstanding problem of whether we can use the epics to understand the Mycenaeans, and if so, how.’
- ‘The Mycenaeans created the finest bronze weapons.’
- ‘Feasting scenes appear in the frescoes of Crete and the islands, and the Mycenaeans adapt this tradition for representation in their palaces.’
- ‘Whoever they were, the earliest inhabitants of mainland Greece (called Mycenaeans after excavations found at Mycenae) developed an advanced culture.’
- ‘Other sources, of course, could have influenced the Mycenaeans, not least Egyptian painting, as has frequently been pointed out.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.