One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for chronic fatigue syndrome
- ‘The term myalgic encephalomyelitis has been used in Britain and elsewhere to describe a poorly understood illness in which a prominent symptom is chronic fatigue exacerbated by activity.’
- ‘The mother-of-two suffers from the chronic fatigue condition, myalgic encephalomyelitis, which leaves her feeling completely drained of energy.’
- ‘It stands for myalgic encephalomyelitis, which is such a big name that I get exhausted even saying it.’
- ‘The government's working group on chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalomyelitis wove patients' assertions into the scientific research in its report.’
- ‘Chronic fatigue syndrome / myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS / ME) in adults is associated with higher rates of psychological disturbance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.