One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pain in a muscle or group of muscles.‘he complained of weakness and myalgia’
- ‘Patients may be asymptomatic or may have symptoms of fever, malaise, myalgia, and hepatitis.’
- ‘Fever, malaise, myalgia, and upper respiratory tract symptoms or infections characterize influenza infection.’
- ‘Other symptoms may include chills, anorexia, generalized or frontal headache, severe myalgia and arthralgia, weakness, and fatigue.’
- ‘After several days in the hospital the rash began to fade, but the low-grade fever, myalgia, arthralgia, and muscle weakness persisted.’
- ‘Arthralgia, myalgia, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting have also been frequently reported.’
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek mus ‘muscle’ + -algia.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.