One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An investment programme funded by shareholders that trades in diversified holdings and is professionally managed.
- ‘In short, it is a mutual fund that invests solely in money market instruments.’
- ‘In mutual funds, fund managers rely heavily on internal analysis to make decisions.’
- ‘For Jones, mutual funds are a better investment than individual stocks right now.’
- ‘Socially responsible mutual funds tend to have higher fees than regular funds.’
- ‘They were followed by US-based mutual funds and investment banks, all anxious to cash in on the Asian boom.’
- ‘That has generated a lot of investment from mutual funds focused on the global oil and gas industry.’
- ‘Also, all mutual funds are required to pay out all dividends and capital gains on a yearly basis.’
- ‘I have never managed a mutual fund but have owned hundreds of them over the past 50 years.’
- ‘The agency is already battling court challenges to its rules on hedge funds and mutual funds.’
- ‘Ownership of stock, direct and through pension and mutual funds, is also covered.’
- ‘A closed-end fund is a mutual fund whose shares trade on the stock exchanges, just as a stock does.’
- ‘Mutual funds get kudos if their independent directors invest in the mutual funds.’
- ‘Allowing big investors to trade in mutual funds after hours is simply against the law.’
- ‘It has also been suggested to allow mutual funds and pension funds to invest in venture capital funds.’
- ‘Only two other mutual funds manage money this way, both also at boutique firms.’
- ‘You can access a wide variety of international investments through mutual funds.’
- ‘Investors should keep track of distributions made by their mutual funds that are reinvested.’
- ‘For one, hedge fund fees are much higher than those of traditional mutual funds.’
- ‘You can invest in mutual funds or individual stocks and decide how much risk you want to take with your savings.’
- ‘Most real estate mutual funds invest mainly in real estate investment trusts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.