One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We both nodded mutely and silently returned to the den to talk it over with each other.’
- ‘The girl continued to gaze back at him mutely, expressing no reaction.’
- ‘I nod mutely and watch as she exits, closing the door softly behind her.’
- ‘Jim held onto his father and kept staring mutely into the microphone.’
- ‘I mutely watched as a silent battle of wills raged between the two, glad for once I wasn't a part of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.