One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The commonest Eurasian swan, having white plumage and an orange-red bill with a black knob at the base.
- ‘But fly-fishers claim mute swans are stripping these rivers of water crowfoot, an aquatic plant crucial to trout and the insects they eat.’
- ‘Wildlife managers say mute swans are destroying significant amounts of submerged aquatic vegetation and chasing other shorebirds away from their nesting sites.’
- ‘On a recent walk I saw a kingfisher skim across the surface and a number of mute swans.’
- ‘We had our first recorded nesting of mute swans at the reserve.’
- ‘Invasives like mute swans and rock pigeons are wreaking ecological havoc throughout the United States and threatening countless native species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.