Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Treat (a cell, organism, etc.) with mutagenic agents.‘mutagenized DNA’
- ‘Shown underneath is the region that was mutagenized in this study.’
- ‘Historically, three programmes for the identification of photorespiratory mutants in chemically mutagenized seed sets were performed.’
- ‘A total of 12,600 transformants from six individually mutagenized pools were screened.’
- ‘We mutagenized a wild-type strain and sought animals that were defective in cultivation-temperature avoidance.’
- ‘The accuracy of each mutagenized plasmid was checked by sequencing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.