One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who rounds up livestock.
- ‘Television advertisements still sing of the untamed musterer, now a legend in his own primetime.’
- ‘During its 1864 season 41,000 sheep were shorn, providing work for an army of musterers, shearers, woolclassers, packers and teamsters.’
- ‘These guys were the most efficient musterers in the country those days, they were just absolutely first rate.’
- ‘The call of the wild, Northern Territory and Queensland have taken him to places where he has worked as a drover, horse breaker, fencing contractor, rodeo rider, tent boxer and contract musterer.’
- ‘The women had to provide all the meals for the shearers and the musterers, sometimes feeding twenty extra men.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.