One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who rounds up livestock.
- ‘These guys were the most efficient musterers in the country those days, they were just absolutely first rate.’
- ‘Television advertisements still sing of the untamed musterer, now a legend in his own primetime.’
- ‘The women had to provide all the meals for the shearers and the musterers, sometimes feeding twenty extra men.’
- ‘During its 1864 season 41,000 sheep were shorn, providing work for an army of musterers, shearers, woolclassers, packers and teamsters.’
- ‘The call of the wild, Northern Territory and Queensland have taken him to places where he has worked as a drover, horse breaker, fencing contractor, rodeo rider, tent boxer and contract musterer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.