A book in which military personnel were registered.
- ‘The new volumes have, for the first time, accessed dramatic personal accounts of the battle supported by a wealth of research from logs, muster books and personal files.’
- ‘Fortunately, the David's muster book does give the ages of the men, so at least four of the aforementioned five cannot be Harry.’
- ‘He is shown in the muster book as aged 18 and born in Boking, Essex, which is near Braintree.’
- ‘Stark's footnote references the muster book she used for this information.’
- ‘Moreover, the bound muster books were incomplete and required that a clerk refer to the files of loose documents to look up a veteran's service record.’