One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book in which military personnel were registered.
- ‘The new volumes have, for the first time, accessed dramatic personal accounts of the battle supported by a wealth of research from logs, muster books and personal files.’
- ‘Stark's footnote references the muster book she used for this information.’
- ‘Fortunately, the David's muster book does give the ages of the men, so at least four of the aforementioned five cannot be Harry.’
- ‘Moreover, the bound muster books were incomplete and required that a clerk refer to the files of loose documents to look up a veteran's service record.’
- ‘He is shown in the muster book as aged 18 and born in Boking, Essex, which is near Braintree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.