One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book in which military personnel were registered.
- ‘Stark's footnote references the muster book she used for this information.’
- ‘He is shown in the muster book as aged 18 and born in Boking, Essex, which is near Braintree.’
- ‘Moreover, the bound muster books were incomplete and required that a clerk refer to the files of loose documents to look up a veteran's service record.’
- ‘The new volumes have, for the first time, accessed dramatic personal accounts of the battle supported by a wealth of research from logs, muster books and personal files.’
- ‘Fortunately, the David's muster book does give the ages of the men, so at least four of the aforementioned five cannot be Harry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.