One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The leaves of the mustard plant used in salads.
- ‘To keep your digestive juices flowing, try adding salads to your diet that are made from bitter greens such as dandelions, escarole, watercress and mustard greens.’
- ‘French Canadians, Americans, and Costa Ricans, together we happily eat our farm salad of mustard greens, lettuce, hibiscus leaves and sprouts.’
- ‘This diet suggests daily doses of fresh vegetables, including turnips, mustard greens, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, bok choy, ginger root and sea vegetables.’
- ‘Some vegetables in this category include cabbage, collards, kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mustard greens, turnips and radishes.’
- ‘Gently toss both types of asparagus, figs and mustard greens with some vinaigrette.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.