One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large sea bream with powerful jaws, feeding on shellfish and crustaceans and popular with anglers.
- ‘Species such as the seventyfour, red steenbras and musselcracker have been so severely depleted that they represent no more than 5% of their original abundance in linefish catches.’
- ‘Our line fishery is in crisis and one of the critically endangered fish is white musselcracker.’
- ‘The black musselcracker is a large, solitary species, and individuals are found on both shallow and deep rocky reefs.’
- ‘Species listed on the Red List, including well-known species such as galjoen, white steenbras and white musselcracker, are illegal to buy or sell in South Africa.’
- ‘On the same snorkel we came across large shoals of galjoen, a couple of musselcrackers as well as a wide variety of other reef fish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.