One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large sea bream with powerful jaws, feeding on shellfish and crustaceans and popular with anglers.
Lithognathus and other genera, family Sparidae: several species
- ‘The black musselcracker is a large, solitary species, and individuals are found on both shallow and deep rocky reefs.’
- ‘On the same snorkel we came across large shoals of galjoen, a couple of musselcrackers as well as a wide variety of other reef fish.’
- ‘Species such as the seventyfour, red steenbras and musselcracker have been so severely depleted that they represent no more than 5% of their original abundance in linefish catches.’
- ‘Our line fishery is in crisis and one of the critically endangered fish is white musselcracker.’
- ‘Species listed on the Red List, including well-known species such as galjoen, white steenbras and white musselcracker, are illegal to buy or sell in South Africa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.