One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of the seabed or a riverbed in which a dense population of mussels is found.‘the bay itself was sandy with large mussel beds’
- ‘Mussel beds are an important feature of healthy rivers and streams.’
- ‘The owners of the dredgers wish to be close to the area of sea bed where their mussel beds are planted.’
- ‘The bay itself was sandy with large mussel beds.’
- ‘The constricted valley results in an overall swifter river and an ideal habitat for massive mussel beds.’
- ‘Edible crabs sat feasting on a mussel bed that covered a small ledge.’
- ‘A good mussel bed is good for fishing.’
- ‘Large mussel beds are also common in many areas.’
- ‘Some areas are covered with thick juvenile mussel beds on which abundant starfish graze.’
- ‘The tide was out revealing an expanse of mud and mussel beds.’
- ‘The prevailing marine life is a mussel bed which has grown over the wreck.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.