One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of the seabed or a riverbed in which a dense population of mussels is found.‘the bay itself was sandy with large mussel beds’
- ‘The prevailing marine life is a mussel bed which has grown over the wreck.’
- ‘A good mussel bed is good for fishing.’
- ‘Edible crabs sat feasting on a mussel bed that covered a small ledge.’
- ‘Mussel beds are an important feature of healthy rivers and streams.’
- ‘Some areas are covered with thick juvenile mussel beds on which abundant starfish graze.’
- ‘The bay itself was sandy with large mussel beds.’
- ‘Large mussel beds are also common in many areas.’
- ‘The tide was out revealing an expanse of mud and mussel beds.’
- ‘The owners of the dredgers wish to be close to the area of sea bed where their mussel beds are planted.’
- ‘The constricted valley results in an overall swifter river and an ideal habitat for massive mussel beds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.