Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a smell or taste like that of musk.
- ‘A earthy, musky smell exuded from the forest that now surrounded him.’
- ‘River otters have paired scent glands at the base of their tail which give off a heavy, musky smell.’
- ‘Seth leaned over my shoulder to check my work, and I could smell his musky cologne.’
- ‘It smells clean and musky, like a gentle cologne, and makes a nice change from the antiseptic smell of medicinal products.’
- ‘Alongside the clean, sweet musky smell, it has an earthy rawness.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.