One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Timber with a musky smell, especially that of a musk tree.
- ‘The furniture on offer includes a rosewood-veneer cedar library table, a bookcase and pedestal desk, plus two early tea caddies in muskwood.’
- 1.1another term for musk tree
- ‘The most common trees are West Indian cedar, Hispaniolan mahogany, copey, American muskwood, and silk-cotton trees.’
- ‘Some of the tree species noted included large native olive, ribbonwood, lacebark, large-leaved canthium, hairy muskwood, brown pearwood and soft acronychia.’
- ‘Other canopy trees such as roseapple, royal palm (Roystonia sp.), American muskwood and Caribbean pine were rare in the plantations, but were more common along the edges of some plantations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.