One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small drab-coloured American freshwater turtle which has scent glands that produce an unpleasant musky odour when the turtle is disturbed.
Genus Kinosternon (or Sternotherus), family Kinosternidae: several species, including the stinkpot
- ‘American mud and musk turtles are found mainly in eastern and southern North America and as far south as Argentina in South America.’
- ‘Mud and musk turtles of the United States include the common mud turtle, common musk turtle, razor-backed musk turtle, and yellow mud turtle.’
- ‘Unlike some of the other musk turtles, S. oderatus are reported to not have a tolerance for brackish water.’
- ‘In Florida and south-central Texas, common musk turtles may be active all year long, but farther north, common musks are usually forced to hibernate in winter.’
- ‘The musk turtle has a sharply pointed snout with two thin whitish-yellow stripes running along either side of the snout to the neck.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.