One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large heavily built goat-antelope with a thick shaggy coat and a horny protuberance on the head, native to the tundra of North America and Greenland. The male emits a musky odour during the breeding season.
Ovibos moschatus, family Bovidae
- ‘We had seen whales, narwhals, polar bear, seals, walrus, musk ox, and countless other natural wonders.’
- ‘One section of the river was named after the numerous musk ox grazing along its banks.’
- ‘In North America, bison, pronghorn, and musk ox have increased this past century.’
- ‘Wolves primarily hunt in packs for large prey such as moose, elk, bison, musk oxen, and reindeer.’
- ‘There are also some familiar faces, such as the musk ox, cougar and bison, that have survived the test of time.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.