One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellow or green melon of a variety which has a raised network of markings on the skin.
- ‘In a blender or a food processor purée musk melon along with ginger and mint leaves.’
- ‘Water melons and musk melons not only have an alkalizing effect on the body but also provide the body with essential fluids that it needs for performing various tasks.’
- ‘I don't think we will plant watermelon again as it takes up quite a bit of room and we prefer many of the musk melons and would rather devote room to them.’
- ‘Cantaloupe melons are also known as musk melons and are an excellent source of vitamin A and beta carotene.’
- ‘Netted melons, popularly called cantaloupes by Americans, are actually musk melons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.