One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian stiff-tailed duck with dark grey plumage and a musky smell, the male having a large black lobe of skin hanging below the bill.
- ‘Diving ducks (especially musk ducks) and even swimming tortoises can be mistaken for platypus momentarily, but are usually readily distinguished upon longer observation.’
- ‘We headed back to our camp at Eyre Creek for lunch - near the area where we had seen the musk ducks.’
- ‘Species not to be hunted include blue-winged shovellers, hardhead duck, musk duck, freckled duck, pink-eared duck, blued-billed duck and plumed tree duck.’
- ‘The occurrence of musk ducks as fossils in New Zealand is reviewed and updated.’
- ‘There are also musk ducks on the lake which carry on in the funniest way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.