One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slender longhorn beetle that is dark metallic green and emits a musky scent.
Aromia moschata, family Cerambycidae
- ‘The musk beetle is a species of longhorn beetle with a somewhat coppery tint.’
- ‘This is because they are attracted to sweet things and within our bins are discarded lollipop wrappers that the musk beetles love!’
- ‘The musk beetle is quite rare in southern Britain and this one had flown into one of our ringing nets.’
- ‘A similar odor is emitted from the glands of musk ox, musk rat and musk shrew and musk beetle.’
- ‘On the right is Aromia moschata, the musk beetle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.