One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slender longhorn beetle that is dark metallic green and emits a musk-like scent.
- ‘The musk beetle is a species of longhorn beetle with a somewhat coppery tint.’
- ‘This is because they are attracted to sweet things and within our bins are discarded lollipop wrappers that the musk beetles love!’
- ‘On the right is Aromia moschata, the musk beetle.’
- ‘A similar odor is emitted from the glands of musk ox, musk rat and musk shrew and musk beetle.’
- ‘The musk beetle is quite rare in southern Britain and this one had flown into one of our ringing nets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.