One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Marrowfat peas cooked until soft and served in their own juice.
- ‘Gone are the days when footballers refuelled on brown ale, pies and mushy peas.’
- ‘I had Cod, chips and mushy peas with bread and butter and a pot of tea.’
- ‘The guacamole (made from avocado but resembling mushy peas) was rich and smooth.’
- ‘He claimed his father had kept her in squalor and fed her on mushy peas and oatmeal while siphoning off her millions.’
- ‘Lumpy custard, soggy cabbage and mushy peas are perhaps the most memorable features of school dinners in years gone by.’
- ‘On top of that mess, he then added a portion of mushy peas.’
- ‘I was thus spared from being locked in a pigeon loft with a plate of mushy peas for the rest of the night.’
- ‘It had put him right off his mushy peas.’
- ‘It was, alas, mushy peas that day.’
- ‘Words cannot describe my hatred for mushy peas.’
- ‘But I still miss the opportunity to clog my arteries with piecrust, dollops of potato and mushy peas.’
- ‘It also warns their removal could lead to the demise of some products such as mushy peas and Turkish delight.’
- ‘Earlier we had been sitting near the pier eating our fish and chips and mushy peas.’
- ‘I heard them talking about traditional British delicacies, and I was thinking, you know, a chip buddy and mushy peas.’
- ‘I ordered fish, chips and mushy peas; Vanessa, a chicken burger with fries.’
- ‘I was spoiled by the British Isles Show that came through Toronto recently and must now find a source of mushy peas somewhere downtown.’
- ‘Try the fish and chips with mushy peas, which are sensational.’
- ‘You might really like bright green mushy peas, they might sparkle up your day like nothing else.’
- ‘Young French and German musicians sampled a traditional Bolton delicacy when they tucked into fish, chips and mushy peas.’
- ‘In my view, Jack should have been actively encouraged to extend the offer to two shark steaks with every carton of mushy peas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.