One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for muskrat
- ‘I had hopes to get out and catch a few mushrats but I'm not sure there are any left alive.’
- ‘Forests are rich in fur-bearing animals: sables, squirrels, mushrats, ermines.’
- ‘I don't think mushrats eat fish but I know mink and otter do.’
- ‘Trouble is, mushrats are rather prolific and in no time another one or a dozen will show up to take their place.’
- ‘I never had gauntlet gloves but always thought they'd be nice trapping mushrats, etc.’
- ‘The mushrat, it was pointed out to me, is a very clean animal that swims, and eats only vegetation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.