One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The science or practice of organizing, arranging, and managing museums.
- ‘There were important contributions as well to anthologies on African arts and museology, such as Ways of the Rivers and Collectors: Expressions of Self and Other.’
- ‘The exhibition asks us to question the validity and wisdom of conventional museology, and it does so with style and wit.’
- ‘But this volume considerably expands our understanding by widening the regional sphere of comparison and by taking on board issues of secrecy, cultural heritage and museology.’
- ‘The proposed legislation for the museum service in our province strikes at a fundamental tenet of museology by removing control from trustees and placing it in the hands of a politically appointed council.’
- ‘He developed a scholarly training program and stimulated the growth of museum collections and the fields of anthropology, art history, and museology in Belgium.’
- ‘The Government Museum, Chennai, organised a seminar on recent trends in museology, as part of its 151st anniversary celebration.’
- ‘The new museology demands that curators create visual and textual structures that address the broadest range of viewers as honestly and profoundly as possible.’
- ‘The approach is to encourage an active, informal and highly communicative visual experience, and long terms goals include curatorship and museology training exchanges between France and South Africa.’
- ‘From this bare outline of content it is clear that his scope ranges from painting to a wider investigation of architecture, urbanism, and museology.’
- ‘He was excited too, by the opportunity of returning to teaching in the College's museology programme.’
- ‘But from an aesthetic point of view, the most significant side effect is to be seen in the growing debates around museology.’
- ‘This enormous exhibition would please the Master of Suspense himself, who would undoubtedly approve of its dramatic presentation, which owes more to theatre design than traditional museology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.