Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1another term for museology
- ‘It deals with the present practice in museography, which is dedicated to distribution of knowledge and realization of modern scientific researches.’
- ‘Content of the team: the team is made up of a solid bunch of designers who will need the following skills: architecture (representative of the team), museography, technical studies, building aconomy.’
- ‘Our proposal for the reorganization of the museum is not a novelty in the museography of the ancient funeral monuments, it is successfully applied in France, Germany, Greece, Hungary etc.’
- ‘Aimed at the museum's staff, the formation - seminars, colloquium and study journeys - covers all the museology and museography fields.’
- ‘In contact with biologists, this department is thus able to draw and realize an entire panel of museography presentation.’
- ‘These projects, associated with new technologies, give us the possibility to elaborate proposals concretes for a new museography related to the slow design.’
- ‘The course aims at presenting an overview of the most important tools and processes of ethnographic museography, with special attention to the theoretical debates on the subject.’
- 1.1rare The systematic description of objects in museums.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.