One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the musculature and skeleton together.
- ‘Rehabilitation of these patients is complicated by musculoskeletal pain, which occurs commonly in the incision site or the back.’
- ‘His chest pain was worse with movement and pressure over the left upper chest and was obviously of musculoskeletal origin.’
- ‘The incidence of deep musculoskeletal infection from open fractures has been reported to be as high as 23 percent.’
- ‘Fibromyalgia should be considered in any patient with musculoskeletal pain that is unrelated to a clearly defined anatomic lesion.’
- ‘Leg length discrepancies have been implicated in a number of musculoskeletal hip and leg injuries.’
- ‘The book is easy to read with sound and updated information covering all essential aspects of conventional radiology in musculoskeletal system.’
- ‘Side effects included skin changes, transient headaches, hyperlipidemia, and musculoskeletal pains.’
- ‘The performance of these tasks exposes nurses to increased risk for work-related musculoskeletal disorders.’
- ‘Additional questions should focus on any history of neurologic or musculoskeletal problems.’
- ‘Tension-type headache may be stress related or associated with functional or structural cervical or cranial musculoskeletal abnormality.’
- ‘Foot ulcers can be caused by arterial insufficiency, diabetes mellitus, neuropathy, musculoskeletal disorders, or injury.’
- ‘The cardiovascular, abdominal, skin, musculoskeletal, and neurologic exams were all normal.’
- ‘Improper form can increase the stress on the musculoskeletal system and predispose the player to injury.’
- ‘The link between musculoskeletal pain and systemic disturbance is often not made until the infection worsens, causing severe localised pain or refusal to weight bear.’
- ‘Topical agents can be useful in treating cutaneous and musculoskeletal pain.’
- ‘Rates of early retirement were higher in jobs likely to involve more manual work (mostly because of musculoskeletal problems).’
- ‘The most common complaint is headache, followed by recurrent abdominal pain and musculoskeletal pain.’
- ‘An evaluation is necessary to determine if the pain is the result of a musculoskeletal injury or part of a systemic problem.’
- ‘The commonest reported problems are those of the musculoskeletal and cardiovascular systems.’
- ‘Recognition of the burden of musculoskeletal conditions will result in greater awareness of the pervasive effects they have on individuals and of their cost to society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.