One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hereditary condition marked by progressive weakening and wasting of the muscles.
- ‘Blood tests may be conducted to rule out other conditions that may have some similar symptoms, such as muscular dystrophy and brain tumours.’
- ‘The pool caters for people suffering from a range of disabilities, including cerebral palsy, brain damage, muscular dystrophy and arthritis.’
- ‘It's used to help determine muscle conditions that might be causing muscle weakness, including muscular dystrophy and nerve disorders.’
- ‘His muscular dystrophy condition means that he is physically disabled, but inside there's this electrical storm buzzing away.’
- ‘Studies in a mouse model of muscular dystrophy suggest that some diaphragmatic function is preserved until late in the disease.’
- ‘A muscle biopsy performed 27 years ago was interpreted as showing changes consistent with muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘For this reason, X-linked conditions like hemophilia or muscular dystrophy are expressed in sons and transmitted by physically normal carrier mothers.’
- ‘Duchenne muscular dystrophy is an X linked disorder affecting approximately 1 in 3500 male live births.’
- ‘A diagnosis of chronic respiratory failure due to Duchenne's muscular dystrophy was made.’
- ‘Researchers hope the findings can be used to help fight against muscle diseases, like muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘Duchenne's muscular dystrophy is a severe, debilitating, and progressive muscle wasting disease.’
- ‘Heart muscles and some other involuntary muscles are also affected in some forms of muscular dystrophy, and a few forms involve other organs as well.’
- ‘His interest is in gene treatments for muscular dystrophy and muscle aging.’
- ‘This type of scoliosis occurs as a result of a condition which affects the nerves or muscles of the back, such as cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘The symptoms of muscular dystrophy depend on the muscle groups first affected.’
- ‘Therefore, chromosome studies are not recommended for patients who are thought to have a single gene disorder such as cystic fibrosis or muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘It's a rare form of muscular dystrophy called disautonomic myocondrial myopathy.’
- ‘A number of British fertility clinics are already testing embryos for inherited conditions like muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘Many kids with muscular dystrophy also have weakened heart and respiratory muscles.’
- ‘Understanding of inherited conditions such as cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy and haemophilia will also be greatly improved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.