Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Bachelor of Music.
- ‘The MusB degree program provides a curriculum grounded in music performance skills and literacy.’
- ‘The MusB degree course consists of four years (full time) study with an almost complete specialisation in music.’
- ‘J C Hele was musically trained under his father and uncle, John Hele, Mus Bac, ARAM, organist of Bodmin Parish Church and borough Organist of Plymouth.’
- ‘My MusB will simply have to stay uncompleted.’
- ‘Students have considerable flexibility in choosing their courses in the second and third years of the MusB degree.’
From Latin Musicae Baccalaureus.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.