Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An orange of a variety with green skin and yellow flesh.
- ‘Some other imported fruit often available in the city are oranges from Germany, grapes from Iran, musambi from Switzerland and kiwi fruit from New Zealand.’
- ‘Therefore, fruit juice rich in Vit C such as orange, musambi or tomato is usually the first thing to be started for the baby.’
- ‘My teacher made a wild grab for the wheel and wrenched it to the right before I could bang into a vending cart piled with musambis.’
- ‘But yesterday, I had the usual chicken-roll and two musambis, I still wanted more.’
- ‘We had 2 rounds of musambi juice and Sowmya promised Nrutya a lifetime supply of icecreams - for what I don't remember.’
Alteration of Mozambique.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.