One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian breed of beef cattle with greyish colouring.‘the Murray grey fell down an embankment and was unable to free itself’
- ‘You've had four families involved, and you've been running Murray Grey cattle and you did have some goats for a while.’
- ‘These green river flats, ringed by high snow-capped mountains, are the birthplace of Australia's only own, unique cattle breed, the Murray Grey.’
- ‘Next year marks the centenary of the birth of Australia's only local breed of cattle, the famous Murray Greys.’
- ‘The farm is believed to have more than 900 cattle and is well known for its breed of Australian Murray Grey beef cattle.’
- ‘Three hefty Murray Grey steers sold to $690.’
- ‘He is married with three children and lives on a hobby farm near Dubbo with Albert the contented Murray Grey bull.’
- ‘We still live on the original property where the first Murray Greys were born.’
- ‘A judge ruled that the stud Murray Grey cattle were shot with "indecent haste".’
- ‘They won the inaugural award for their murray grey beef.’
- ‘We've got 80 Murray Grey breeding cows and about 600 Perendale ewes—it keeps us busy!’
1960s: from the Murray River which, with its many tributaries, supports agriculture across much of southern Australia.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.