One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But I stared, amazed by how thick the city's smog was, a brown cloud with only a few building spires murkily visible within it.’
- ‘So we walk through the utterly captivating townlet of Chartres, with its cobbled lanes, old maisons, Italian style piazzas, haute shops and the Eure flowing gently, even a little murkily, at the base of the town.’
- ‘Grey light filtered murkily through the equally grey sky.’
- ‘Like all debates the truth probably lies murkily in the middle.’
- ‘The melodies of each of these songs are immediately recognizable, yet their specific origins remain murkily unknown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.