One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But I stared, amazed by how thick the city's smog was, a brown cloud with only a few building spires murkily visible within it.’
- ‘Like all debates the truth probably lies murkily in the middle.’
- ‘Grey light filtered murkily through the equally grey sky.’
- ‘The melodies of each of these songs are immediately recognizable, yet their specific origins remain murkily unknown.’
- ‘So we walk through the utterly captivating townlet of Chartres, with its cobbled lanes, old maisons, Italian style piazzas, haute shops and the Eure flowing gently, even a little murkily, at the base of the town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.